Important Information for Remote Learning
As part of our development of home learning, we will continue to use Microsoft Teams. Teams acts as an online classroom platform that will allow your daughter to access their home learning at any point in the year. Each student will have their own account with all their classes added as Teams.
All students are required to abide by the following rules:
- I will only use technology for school purposes as directed by my teacher.
- I will only take part in ‘live’ stream if an adult at home knows I am doing it.
- I will not reveal my passwords to anyone, except to my parent/carer.
- I will be responsible for my behaviour and actions when using technology (Microsoft Teams and other interactive applications), this includes the resources I access and the language I use.
- I will make sure that all my communication with students, teachers or others using technology is responsible and sensible.
- I will not deliberately browse, download, upload or forward material that I should not be viewing. If I accidentally come across any such material, I will report it immediately to my teacher or my parent.
- I will not share resources or videos created by my teachers with anyone who is not a Student or member of staff at Virgo Fidelis.
- I will not record or take photos of my classmates or teachers during a face-to-face session.
- I will not share any school content on social media platforms.
- I understand that when using Microsoft Teams and other applications provided by the school that my use can be monitored and logged and can be made available to my teachers.
- If audio/video conferencing is used, I understand that this might be recorded by the teacher only in order for Students to be able to continue to learn outside of the time of the lesson itself.
- I will continue to follow the rules regarding my use of technology as outlined in the “School’s Student Acceptable User Agreement.”
- I understand that these rules are designed to help keep me safe and that they are not followed, school sanctions will be applied and my parent may be contacted.
We expect all students:
- When participating in a video conference on Microsoft Teams, or any other video conferencing software, remember that this is an extension of the classroom and you should conduct yourself as you would when on your best behaviour in a classroom. This includes:
- Being on time for your interactive session
- Being dressed appropriately for learning (e.g. no pyjamas)
- Remaining attentive during sessions
- Interacting patiently and respectfully with your teachers and peers
- Providing feedback to teachers about your experiences and any relevant suggestions
- Video conferencing from an environment that is quiet, safe, public and free from distractions. Please avoid using a bedroom for video conferencing.
- You MUST NOT record each other’s online interactions. If the lesson is to be recorded, this will be done by the teacher.
- Make sure you end the session as soon as the teacher indicates to do so and do not stay in the session after the teacher has left.
General Rules and Guidelines
- Please complete tasks as they are set for each lesson. Teachers will aim to be available at the times when they would normally be teaching you in order to answer questions. This will be either through Microsoft Teams.
- As soon as you have completed each task, please indicate this to your teacher.