Managing Exam Stress
Mental Health, Wellbeing and Exams
Feeling a certain amount of concern or worry is natural when we encounter difficult or unsettling times. We would like to support wherever we can, from mindfulness practice to safeguarding and homeworking during COVID-19. We've pulled together the below resources suitable for teachers, parents and young people.
Please remember, if you're feeling overwhelmed with difficult thoughts, always talk to someone. If you're a student, talking to your family/parent/guardian or your close friends can help. If you're undertaking any therapy currently, always check in with them first before doing any of the practices suggested below.
- Wellbeing journal for kids (PDF) - Outside the Box has produced a free activity journal to help children to enhance their mental wellbeing through a range of activities.
- Childline - provides support and information about the Corona virus which updated regularly. https://www.nspcc.org.uk/
- Childline Calm Zone - For breathing exercises, activities, games and videos to help let go of stress. (https://www.childline.org.uk/toolbox/calm-zone/)
- Children's Commissioner (PDF) - A Children’s guide to coronavirus.
- For concerns about children who may be struggling with their mental health or anxiety, NSPCC ( https://www.nspcc.org.uk/ ) have advice to help you support them.
- You can also take a look at the dedicated COVID-19 space