Archbishop Wilson meets pupils from Virgo Fidelis
A Mass to celebrate the start of a new school year was an uplifting experience for Southwark Archdiocese's community of staff and pupils.
Mrs. Meyer, Ms. Cummins and students from Virgo Fidelis attended a Mass at St. George's Cathedral on September 10th and met our new Archbishop, the Most Reverend John Wilson, who presided and preached.
During his sermon, the Archbishop explained that the Bible is God's love letter to all of us and said that the contents could be summarised in ten words that we can all remember: 'As I have loved you, you must love each other'.
This annual service is always memorable for a joyful atmosphere and rousing singing and this year was no exception.
It is my pleasure to wish the staff and pupils at Virgo Fidelis Convent Senior School every blessing for the beginning of the new academic year and to assure you of my prayers on your 170th birthday. Please also pray for me in my new ministry as Archbishop of Southwark. Together we make our journey as disciples of the Lord Jesus, desiring to grow in faith, hope and love.
With very best wishes
Yours sincerely in Christ
+ John Most Rev John Wilson
Archbishop of Southwark
- Adoration, Thursday 8 am – 8.15 am in the school chapel
- Benediction, rosary, vespers and Mass in the school chapel every Friday at 5.30 pm
- Monthly Mass in the school chapel, with the Sisters of Our Lady of Fidelity
- Year group Masses
- The Sacrament of Reconciliation
- Termly Liturgies
- School Prayer
- Form prayer boards
- Good Shepherd Mass at St. George’s Cathedral
- Start of the New School Year Mass, St George’s Cathedral