CACHE Level 2 Award in Child Development and Care (NQF)
ACDC – L2
CACHE- Council for Award Children’s Care and Education
- There are no formal entry requirements for this qualification
- It has been designed to meet the needs of learners from the age of 14 years.
- It includes the knowledge and understanding of child development and well-being necessary for working with children in a variety of settings.
The qualification prepares students to work in a supervised capacity, with children and their families in a variety of settings within the sector of Children’s Services.
The Award in Child Development and Care carries one GCSE point.
Students need to complete a written assignment for units 1 and 2.
There is an externally assessed synoptic Multiple Choice Paper based upon units 1, 2 and 3.
What will I gain?
CACHE Level 2 Award in Child Development and Care.
Students will be awarded a final grade A*, A, B, C, D on successful completion.
How to enrol
For this course there are two ways to enrol with Virgo Fidelis Convent Senior School:
- Telephone us on 0208 670 6917 and speak to our course advice team
- Ask us to send you an enrolment form which you can complete and return by post
147 Central Hill
London SE19 1RS
On successful completion of the Award in Child Development and Care, students will be able to work as
- A Nursery Assistant
- Crèche Assistant and
- Play group assistant.
Students can progress to the Cache Level 3 Diploma in Early Years Education and Care (Early Years Educator)