Extra-Curricular Physical Education
Clubs are run every lunchtime by members of the PE Department and at times outside coaches for football, rugby and cricket. GCSE pupils are encouraged to assist in the officiating and coaching of the younger years. Fixtures happen after school in the following sports
- Netball:- All years are entered into the Croydon Netball Leagues
- Basketball:- All years are entered into the Croydon Basketball Leagues and Cup Competition
- Football:- Year 7, 8 and 9 teams entered into Croydon Tournaments and may progress to regional and National competitions
- Cricket:- Year 7, 8, 9 and 10 teams entered into Croydon Tournaments and may progress to regional and National competitions
- Rugby:- Year 9 and 10 teams entered into Croydon Tournaments may progress to regional and National competitions
- Athletics :- Year 7,8 and 9 entered into the Croydon Tournaments
- Cycling Club:- Year 7, 8 and 9
Pupils are encouraged to attend local trials and clubs to extend their abilities and knowledge.
Each year 7, 8, 9 and 10 attend Sports Day at Croydon Arena. Each pupil is expected to take part in 3 events.
100m, 200m, 800m, hurdles, 4x100m relay, shot put, discus, javelin, long jump or high jump.
Current Achievements 2013-2014
- Year 7 Croydon League and Cup Champions
- Year 8 2nd in Croydon League and Cup
- Year 9 Croydon League and Cup Champions
- Year 10 2nd in Croydon League and Cup
- Year 7 netball team came 1st In Croydon
- Year 8 netball team came 3rd In Croydon
- Year 9 netball team came 1st In Croydon
- Year 10 Netball team came 2nd In Croydon
- Year 11 Netball Team came 3rd In Croydon
Year 7 and 8 Croydon cup 4th place
Year 8 and 9 Croydon champions represented at regional and came 2nd in the final
Sports Achievements Ceremony
Each year the PE Department celebrate the participation and success of all sports teams. Any trophies, medals or certificates which have been won are presented to the team and for each year group and sport a most valuable player or most improved player is awarded. Along with Sports Person of the Year who is normally a member of year 10 or 11 who achieved over a number of sports in her time at Virgo Fidelis and who has contributed in other ways to the PE Department.